Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Boo - encore!

I'm petrified of vehicles with just two wheels - right from bicycles to motobikes. I never learnt to ride a bicycle; falling off one when I tried, and making my friends fall when I sat behind them...the first time a friend gave me a lift on his bike, I nearly screeched him into breaking in the middle of a busy street. He was going at the dangerous speed of 30! ;-) Now, several years later when I sit behind my Puneri friends who are mobile thanks to their scooters/Scootys/Activas/etc kindly offer to drop me off, I straddle their vehicle much like I would a horse - pressing the flanks of the vehicle/horse when I want it to slow down! Even otherwise I'm rarely relaxed, scared that the maniacs let loose on the streets of Pune will drive too close and take away with them my precious limbs! Plus there is that mess that I have to deal with post-bike ride...the tangled mess I would refer to as my hair pre-bike ride! ;-)

7 comments:

Casablanca said...

I'm wondering what all would feature in my list of 'I am scared of...' :)

Wild Reeds said...

@@I straddle their vehicle much like I would a horse - pressing the flanks of the vehicle/horse when I want it to slow down!@@

HA HA HA!!

Jinguchakka said...

Reminds me of my mom. She too can never travel in a two-wheeler!
And you say your hair got messed up when riding a bike at the lightning speed of 30 KPH?
;-)

Kitana's Haven said...

u forgot to mention how u tend to
a) hold on to the back guard of the bike (makin u look funny and the rider reckless to the ppl on road)
b) fold ur hands and give a look of utter *i dont know the rider n i care for my life*
c) look at ur feet evrytime one overtakes a vehicle jus to make sure they r still thr
d) fold ur hands jus to make the rider feel better
and so on n so forth.........
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dont worry hun....u'll get thr soon.
:-)

G Shrivastava said...

Casablanca - Don't just wonder! Blog about it :-)

Wild Reeds - Yeah well *sheepish smile!*

Lotus - LOL, ok!

Jinguchakka - Oh yes hair can get messed up even at a mere 30 kmph. Trust me. Btw that nickname is total fun! I liketh - thanks for stopping by the blog. Hope it's not once in a blue moon visit :-)

Kitana - Ma chere, I knew I could rely on you to supply those tidbits which is why I didn't bother stressing my fingers with all that typing ;-) Muhahah!

G Shrivastava said...

Casablanca - Don't just wonder! Blog about it :-)

Wild Reeds - Yeah well *sheepish smile!*

Lotus - LOL, ok!

Jinguchakka - Oh yes hair can get messed up even at a mere 30 kmph. Trust me. Btw that nickname is total fun! I liketh - thanks for stopping by the blog. Hope it's not once in a blue moon visit :-)

Kitana - Ma chere, I knew I could rely on you to supply those tidbits which is why I didn't bother stressing my fingers with all that typing ;-) Muhahah!

Sameer said...

I totally identify with this as I too suffer from 2wheelerphobia to a large extent.