Sunday, April 16, 2006

Seperating the Chaff from the Grain

I’ve lost friends who I included amongst my closest friends and been disillusioned and betrayed – and I’ve met a lot of new people, not all whom I could call friends. I seem like an open person and oft do I say that my life is one bloody open book, but the real me is hidden deep inside and there are very few who get to see it on a regular basis. What irks the most is when people who’ve known me for barely a few months insist that they know me inside out, based on what is almost always a wrong perception of me from the clues they have picked up from a very public part of my personality. I’ve learnt how to separate the chaff from the grain so to speak. The ‘grain’ has never before been as dear as it is now.

Current Mood - Tired. Very tired. Sad. Lonely.
Current Music - Lotus Feet by Shakti.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello dear,
Yes, i couldn't agree with you more on this one. People just jump to conclusions about your behaviour, your personality...
It used to bother me a lot earlier...the assumptions they made..Now, i just don't effin' care and have stopped trying to explain myself.

Yes, we are learning to separate the grain and the precious seeds from the chaff...

*sorry for the ramble*

madusa

Casablanca said...

Oh well, couldnt agree with you more. For some reason, people take pride (?!) in figuring me out. In 'knowing' all of me. And they are almost always wrong. But well... let fools be.

Anonymous said...

whoa..oops..been in such a mood..and my current post was similar..

*came from casa's blog

take care and hope u will feel better soon

Parth said...

There's good and bad in your experience, I can see. Hope the grain stays loyal to you for the remainder of your time, and may your 'bhandaar' grow :-)

G Shrivastava said...

Madusa - When did you ramble my dear? That comment was hardly rambling - very true infact what you said!

Casa - Ah oui, infact that was the grouse behind one of your recent posts na?

Godolphin - Welcome aboard - I would have gone to you blog but you haven't left a comment as a blogger!

Lotus - Tumse to hum email mein baat karenge - jab dekho tab humein chane ke jhaad par chadhate rahte ho!

Aristera - Ah the wise one admitting to have learnt something from me! ;-) JK - yes I know wht you're talking abt, but then think abt it this way - isn't it good we have each other and are occassionally absent but nevertheless good friend the melodramatic scientist? *hugs*

Sameer said...

I agree with this one totally.
I guess we all go through this cycle of chaff-grain-chaff again-grain-chaff in our lives.Methinks it's just a part of that wonderful & intriguing game called life.