Chamique tagged me sometime back to write about my five favourite things to do in MY city. My first thoughts were of Bombay (but obviously), but then I realized that Pune is as much my city, today, as Bombay, so here they are my two cities and five of the things I enjoy doing in each :-
- Take a long, long walk around sunset, down the rock-beach, 7 bungalows, preferably in the company of dear friend, but alone is also nice. Nothing like the cool sea-breeze to clear the mind…
- Colaba Causeway – just stroll down the entire stretch, stopping to pick up bargain stuff from the stalls. I’ve picked up some real treasures from there at throw-away prices.
- Café Mondegar (yes I know it falls in the above category) – anytime of the day, from morning to night. The jukebox, the caricatures, the wine, the beer, the food, the people, the feel of the place.
- Walk-talkathons in the Nana-nani park with another bumchum pal – I’ve not indulged in this for over a year. Nostalgia hitting hard right now…
- Walk down
Warming Upto to Pune
- Chai and Upma/Poha at the Y-point in the
- Cappucino and conversation with Kitana at the “adda” i.e. Law College Road Barista. We’ve talked ourselves hoarse (atleast I have), laughed, cried, had crazy fun…in short spent some of the most memorable moments there!
- Drive/ride down the lanes and by-lanes of the city that are still shaded by those gorgeous canopies of trees, admiring the old buildings and houses while my friend (and driver) worries about the insane road and traffic!
- Spend an entire evening at the German bakery, lingering over a cappuccino or lemon cheese cake, discussing n’importe quoi, all the while getting vaguely amused by the people that walk into the place.
- (This is the strangest) Teaching at AFP. It’s not really city-specific, yes, but I started teaching in this city and it’s perhaps on the few things that gives me immense pleasure today. Mind you, just teaching – the rest of the parcel that comes with work could be improved! ;-)
Current Mood :- Peaceful. Content. Happy. Naughty. Mad.
Current Music:- Two out of Three by Bonnie Tyler
Recent Films :- The Devil Wears Prada , The Constant Gardener (both are highly recommended by me for different reasons – DON’T miss either!)
13 comments:
*sigh* im gonna miss all of this!!
heaven knows...i jus mite open a barista in paris :P n ship all my frnds thr :) (yes, ship em...too many frnds so air-tix a lil over budget.) hehehehe
but yes...IM GONNA MISS IT ALL!!! :(
well, some credit for the pleasure at AFP shud go to ur entertaining students,what say:-)
That nana-nani park is a cool construction perhaps difficult to imagine in that prime area. Read something about Sonu Nigam constructing a house in front of that.
i have never been to pune, so i wouldnt know but i agree with you about mumbai...one heck of a city!!!
Oof! Since when has my handle become E Vestigio?? :P
Thankee for the tag... will endeavour to complete it asap. Pray for me - the wicked work monster is calling me to work on a Sunday!
Awww... another tag! I will try to comply soon :)
And I second both your recommendations - I've watched both those movies twice!
You used to stay in Pune? Whee...thats a coincidence. Thats where I am from. Funnily though, I havent done any of the things that you mentioned doing except the looking and marvelling at the old buildings and tree shaded roads.
So, when are you coming back to Pune?
-PeAcE
--WiTh
---GuNs
I've just been to Puna once and i absolutely loved that city....
Done, done, done. Now where's my reward :D
ah.. me too thought the same about "the devil wears prada". did not expect it to be so good really.
yet to see "the constant gardener" though.. will try to check it out..
Cool.
Kitana - Gonna miss going to those places sans toi ma chere!
Abhijeet - Oh yes totally. The credit goes fully to my entertaining students (refer to my orkut scrap book...another one of you has similar thoughts)
Parth - Really? Dunno abt tht...
Aristera Says - Eh not really re...but then in essence yes I guess.
Gulnaz - Mumbai rocks...but Pune ain't bad either!
Extempore - Well Evestigio is the blog, so....
Casa - Saw but without internet at home, couldn't comment...pardonnez moi!
Guns - Don't you read my blog carefully? I've been in Pune for the past two years...chod aaye hum woh janipehchani bambai ki galiyan...
Perspective Inc, Wild Reeds - :-)
Sanchapanzo - The Constant Gardener is a MUST WATCH - makes you think. And great acting too...
Whoa !! Maybe i DIDNT read your entire blog too carefully. [:-P]First blogger I've come across from Pune. Lets dig out some more people and have a very first PUNE BLOGGERS MEET. We'll then pull out a tongue and show all those Delhi waala bloggers.. [:-P]Whatsay?
-PeAcE
--WiTh
---GuNs
Post a Comment