Sunday, January 29, 2006

Dinner for Six

So there's this tag going around and after a very long time one of these things piqued my curiosity and so here I am following instructions. What one has to do is basically invite six people for dinner (it's something like a hypothetical blogger's meet)...since there are several bloggers I've already met, my choice for the evening is going to only include those with whom I've not yet come face-to-face.

Invite :
You are cordially invited to dinner chez moi. Don't forget to bring along something to eat (it's potluck dinner people, I'm not in the mood to cook tonight), your biggest smile and last but definitely not the least important, your charming self :-)

Addressed to:-
1. Casablanca/Writing on the Wall - To unveil this mysterious blogger who's so open about her life, yet so zealously guards her identity. I would love to meet the person behind this persona...plus I'm sure you'd keep the conversation alive at the dinner table.
2. Wandering Dervish/Loud Thinking - He's a darling - I just know it and want to confirm it! Plus it would be great to meet this superintelligent guy with a poet's soul (and very warm generous one at that!)...can see the evening's conversation taking an erudite turn with him at the table...an extra request - could you bring along some music as well? :-)
3. Vaish/Apercevoir - She invited me to join her French blog (where I've not been very active) and then to her wedding (which I didn't attend) - apologies Vaish! I know you flew away but it would be great if you could hop into a plane and visit homeland for this cozy little dinner! J'aimerais bien te rencontrer!
4. Anil/Mottled Memories - He spins magic with his words and weaves a spell with his images...he also writes delightfully long emails and makes me feel dreadfully prosaic there as well! Like me, he's learnt French and landed up in Germany to study - I like people who do such things! I promise to visit Cologne if make it to Europe in the near future, but before that it would be great to meet you over wine, conversation and whatever else is on the dinner table :-) Tu viens?
5. Chamique/Momentary Muse - I've said it before - her's is one of the most honest blogs I've come across. No pretense there, no attempt to be anything but herself. Sensitive. Intelligent. Nice. It would be a great pleasure to meet the person behind those posts that make me smile and shed a sentimental tear with the same graceful ease!
6. Lotus - He doesn't blog much - not at all actually, but his persistent comments on my blog have piqued my curiosity. Besides I'm sure I can count on you to spice up the conversation by reading out your billet d'amour to his French professor - no chance of anyone getting bored with this flower gracing the table :-)


Alrighty then people...I'm sprucing up the place for you'll - bringing out the best lace table-cloth, the exquisite china plates and the silver ware. The wine's chilling and just waiting to be served...don't forget the food...and those smiles! :-)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

arre waah u will be hostin une soiree informelle!!!!!!!quel chance!!!!!remember after each soiree gets over fellow blog readers ( ME) require detailed account of the soiree.n'oublie pas geets pcq je l'attendrai...
am sure u guys will have a blast.

G Shrivastava said...

Aparna - LOL ,mais apres cette soiree je ne pourrais pas te donner un rapport pcq c'est une soiree imaginaire...est-ceq-eu tu veut un rapport imaginaire? ;-)
PS If I do meet these guys I'm sure we'd have a blast!

Extempore said...

Very eclectic selection of people, my dear. Have the feeling this would be great fun! Ah, to be a fly on the wall on this one. :-)

Anonymous said...

damn shud have used my brains cz casy lives in singapore and apercevior stays in us right????????
anyways this time ms social butterfly pls time for me when u come down to mumbai

Anonymous said...

i mean pls keep some time aside for our rendezvous

Anonymous said...

f*** all blog you got...get real lady...stop these pretensions..

Anonymous said...

oh my god i feel so stupid you have clearly written its a hypothetical bloggers meet.............

G Shrivastava said...

Extempore - Glad you approve ma chere!

Aparna - 1. I'm not a social butterfly yaar...am almost introvert for chrissake!
2. It happens to the best of them, such silly goof-ups...chill :-)
3. I am meeting you re...so chill again!

Liese - Well the tag was for an imaginary meet yes, but I would like to meet these ppl sometime in the future...I've met some great ppl through my blog! Ironically al the comments so far have been frm those not invited, so I dunno if conversation will happens at all! :-(

Anonymous - Well if you have such a big problem with my blog, don't drop by...there are better blogs out there. Why don't you go get a life?

Lotus - Finally an acceptance...and an email!

Blue Athena said...

Nice! :))

Casablanca said...

*blushing*
Merci madamoiselle :)
It will be an honour... and while we will meet some time in the future for sure, when I do drop into Mumbai (and you hopefully land up there from Pune), lets get the conversation flowing here atleast. I am very interested in meeting the others at the table.
:D

Anonymous said...

damn...as usual my lazy self is last! wow...after you have said such nice things about me and put out such a spread I'd have to be stupid not to come! merci beaucoup pur l'invitation...tu es tres gentille. count me in ;)

and after reading your brief bios I'm equally interested in meeting the others. would be a wonderful evening I'm sure. and I promise I'll get my camera and be the unofficial photog for the lovely evening! so where was the place again? ;)

Bhisma Chakrabarti said...

thanks geets!
however, i am not quite sure you know that i am somewhat 'socially challenged' - but i promise to try my best!:-)
see you soon then.
or so i wish.

G Shrivastava said...

Blue Athena - Thanks :-)

Casablanca - Thanks for coming...trust me I'll do my best to make a trip to Bbay if you're in town...unveiling you (metaphorically) would be fun! Ok that sounds wierd na? ;-) So what did you get to eat? I'm hungry...and feel free to talk to the others!

Anil - Aha yes, I was wondering if I'd have to email you abt the invite! Ce n'est pas un prob si tu es un peu parasseux...et c'est bien si tu prends les photos ce soir! And as I said..feel free to get the conversation flowing :-)

WD - I didn't invite you for your social skills...am quite socially challenged myself and generally end up just observing and slipping in the odd comment in large gatherings or when meeting ppl for the first time (like here)...

Anonymous said...

How I came upon this blog is a long story, one that i better save for another time...
This hypothetical blogger's dinner meet does sound like an extremely fascinating idea and frankly J'envie les personnes invitées :) (actually i'm quite illiterate in French...completely dependent on translation softwares...but I wouldn't mind a software breathing for me!!)
Anyways I had a refreshing time reading these blog entries and kudos to the author for the effort (i mean for someone as lazy as me, who can never bring himself to write down the various thoughts that keep drifting in from all directions, a blog seems like nothing less than an achievement)!
On a serious note, blogging seems to be a fairly satisfying thing to do. It would be nice to be able to refer back to your thoughts on a particular topic at a later time in life and then maybe be amused at your past naivity :D...but well I guess this ain't the right place to think aloud about the advantages of blogging!
After all for everything there's a time and a place and a reason...and this seems to be the time for arrangement of the hypothetical dinner party!

By the way (and I know I'm being cheeky) food, love and home are all four-letter words and I'd say that they are equally important, if not more ;)!!

Vaishnavi Tekumalla said...

When this happens for real Geets, I will bring Cheesecake! :)

Are you vegetarian, btw?