Come February each year and we are bombarded by more than the usual lot of advertisements peddling clothes, gifts and jewellery - diamonds it seems is the flavour of the season. Take a look at the advert-supplement that comes with your newspaper and you have serious doubts about the apparent poverty of our country. A country whose citizens can afford to buy diamonds at the rate we do can't possibly be poor, can it? But I'm digressing...so yes it seems Valentine's Day is the time you splurge all you can to profess your love for the chosen one. I don't quite get the need to indulge in that frantic bout of merchandising, but to each his own.
In the past so many years the day never really incited any feelings in me - much like New Year's Eve, it came and went without truly affecting me, apart from the token sms to which I had to reply. But this year I wish there was someone, someone who told me I truly was special and that I meant the world to him. This year the loneliness and the heart-ache is tangible. This year I wish it had worked out the way I wanted it - I know that doesn't happen in the real world, but this year my yearning for a happy ending is more than ever before. This year I also know that it isn't to be, was never meant to be despite everything I did...and I wonder whether it will ever be...Sigh.
Anyways to all those of you out there who have found that one person who lights up your days, makes you a better person and reciprocates the feelings - Happy Valentine's Day :-)
P.S. Aristera reacted to the moral policing of the day a few days back - me thinks it's very well said...check it out. You can leave comments either here or there...make sure you let him know I sent you there so he cooks me dinner in return for the free publicity ;-)
Monday, February 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
the one of the worst advert in newspapers for V day is by some diamond company -they are giving away teddy bear with every purchase of their jewellry.*sigh*
yes yes aristera will be told that you are sending more readers his way.
am sorry but new year's eve affects me. i am only human. you deserve happy ending and i m sure you will get ur happy-ending
life is still beautiful hunny...not to be losin faith...the happy ending shall come to thee...
:-)
I am sure he is just around the corner looking for you.
V days come & go... a hallmark conspiracy.
I'll say a little prayer for you.
Honestly, I think you, and everyone else, deserves that happy ending.
And this over-commercialisation is just killing v-day. Makes it seem like a cheesy bollywood movie if you ask me. *cringe*
It almost makes me want to join the Shiv Sena.
only singles answered (me by mail). or no one who has the special someone dares to say maybe because out of fear to be lynched by the less fortunate ones. now, doesnt that change my idea about v-day? maybe it's not for lovers but for sulking and loneliness
I met one woman today, carrying a bunch of red roses. that didnt make me like her a lot
cheerio for hope and spirit
Aparna - LOL why are you apologising so much? To each his own re...
Kitana - Yes it is bacchu I know, but sometimes the going seems tough na?
Manjusha - Aapke mooh mein ghee shakar!
Casablanca - Thank ye good soul!
A.Diddy - LOL...btw me thought you'd forgotten all abt me...long time no see, no hear!
Aristera - *hug*
Liese - Got the mail, shall reply! *hug*
Lotus - Jesus your comments get lengthier and lengthier! This deserves reply by email...
As for Aristera's blog...yep it rocks. I know...akhir dost kiska hai! ;-)
Lotus - Chalo der sahi, andher nahin ;-)
When you do find that special someone the first few V-days will be celebrated with all the commercial chintz in place. Then it'll get to be old hat and be no fun anymore. You gotta make your own Valentines Days girl!!!
Hugggs my dear!
I know exactly what you mean..days like these (with all the ensuing hype-surprisingly it isnt all that much here in London!) do have the effect of making you lonelier, its sort of in your face, when otherwise you'd be perfectly happy!
But believe me..it always gets better :))
*sending loads of love your way*
You're Invited!
Dinner at my place!
Et merci beaucoup pour ton invitation. Honoured! :) (Next time, throw in a flight ticket, please?)
Love,
Vaish
30in2005 - Shall remember that for next year! ;-) Thanks for dropping by...
Pincushion - *hugs back*
Aristera - You don't even know him and he's invited to dinner...and you STILL won't cook for me? Am appalled...tum se to mein baadmein baat karoongi!
Btw din't get that thing abt the coffee!
Lotus - You don't have to pray...even his cheese sandwiches with cold stale bread are good! ;-)
And I dint get the comment either!
Vaish - Merci...ah bon, le billet d'avion, c'est important n'est ce pas?
Post a Comment