It's that time of the year again when people bring forth their best festive cheer and warmth, leave their worries behind and party like there's no tomorrow - for the coming tomorrow! Wierdly enough, Christmas and New Year's Eve has never held that much importance for me - sure the festivities usually manage to sweep me along and I usually allow myself to be swept up by the enthusiasm of my friends. But this year, I simply can't get myself to dredge up the least bit of enthusiasm for any of it - the farce of it all seems too tiresome to bother with.... I had planned to visit Bombay in between the Christmas and New Year's eve and meet my friends (old and new) - it's been two months since I visited and I've been missing my friends, not to mention the city. But it was not to be... :-( so no plans. None what so ever...
Can't believe how estranged I've been feeling. And how let down by the people who meant the most to me...
On a different note - Merry Christmas! May the festive season bring around loads of warmth, glee and cheer to your hearth!
P.S Make sure you set aside some cookies and milk for Santa when you hang up those stockings! ;-)
Saturday, December 24, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
merry xmas to you to geets.have a glorious year ahead.wish you and your family all the happiness in the world.hey geets you can meets us in jan wats say???
Merry Christmas to you and your family! Wishing you all loads of love, warmth, peace and happiness!
madusa
awww damn!
I didnt get enough time to mail ya but I was in Pune this weekend and we could have met up. Maybe next time or when you come here.
Do drop in your number in my mail...
I had me a blast this weekend. Pune never seizes to charm me...
No plans for the new year then? Comeon! get out there.
Though I agree its a farce... what with the people waiting anxiously more for the blast than for the new year... who wants to spend that time with a pair of earplugs or headphones? Unless u want to spend some quality time with the family. Dont tell me u want to reflect on ur past n make some resolutions... cuz from what I read here u do it EVERYDAY! Makes me wonder what r u searching for! Its the noblest of things to do.. explore, learn, understand and yeh dil maange more.. but u seem to want to unravel the entire universe when u know that we couldn't decipher its basic ingredient, the atom, as yet. We are bound by human condition. Though it gives stupendous joy to be superhuman, we are humans in the end and like Beatles sang 'All u need is love'
Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! and a guffaw! I know it drives u nuts when somebody writes their blog in urs :)
I should sue my school teacher. After taking big pains to teach me punctuation, she came up with this easy formula-
When u grab a girl n kiss her its an exclamation on her face,
When she slaps ur cheek pink, its a full stop to ur case.
Cheers.
Whatever happens, no ':-(' allowed in this season. Count all your blessings, find reasons to be happy. No sad smileys please :)
Take care!
The New Year is nigh, my dear, and tides must change and the down turned mouth will be but a memory. Perhaps this will speak to you the way it did to me... since we are in the same boat!
Come, my friends.
'Tis not too late to seek a newer world.
Push off, and sitting well in order smite
The sounding furrows; for my purpose holds
To sail beyond the sunset, and the baths
Of all the western stars, until I die.
It may be that the gulfs will wash us down;
It may be we shall touch the Happy Isles,
And see the great Achilles, whom we knew.
Tho' much is taken, much abides; and tho'
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,--
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
-- Ulysses, Alfred Lord Tennyson
I hope the year ahead is full of every benediction you deserve and more importantly, desire.
I saw mommie kissing Santa...
Hawwwwwww!!!!
(that's christmas pour moi!!!! Santa let me turn Irish this christmas...) when are you coming down to Bombay again?
Aristera, Aparna, Madusa, Casablanca, Finnegan, BGFS - Thanks, same to you guys :-)
Aparna & BGFS - No clue when I'll be able to make it to Bbay sp since everytime I plan it just goes all awry...shall ofcourse let you'll know when I'm coming!
Saurabh - Hey not fair! You shudda emailed...would have been fun meeting up, sp since I wasn't exactly the social butterfly that weekend ;-) Not sure when I'll make it to Bbay but when I do, trust me you'll have an email in your inbox!
Anonymous - Dude(tte) what's the obssession with the punctuations? As for deciphering the whole world = no thank ye. Just trying to figure out other things that are of immense importance to me.
Extempore - You ma chere are a wonderfully sweet person (tell me again how you got entangled with that crazy acquaintance of ours?) Thanks...the poem, apart from encouraging (I hate to use the word 'inspiring' in such cases), was definitely great pleasure to read!
Post a Comment